{{article.title}}

modified {{article.lastModStr}}
{{videoUrlObj.title || videoUrlObj.oEmbed.title}}
{{videoUrlObj.description || videoUrlObj.oEmbed.description}}
{{ article.videoUrls | totalDuration }}

RenderMan 20

Stirling! Automobile Rendering

On your marks, get set..... Render!

(See also: Bitesized Tutorial series. First course. and Bitesized Tutorials, Materials, Bitesized #3: Lighting!)

The training objective of this project is to help both new and existing users develop a working knowledge of RenderMan.

Particular focus is placed on the new RIS systems, Integrators , Principled and layered texturing techniques.

The stylistic objective is photorealism.

Client brief:

We have been retained to produce a series of images of a fictional classic car for a client.
Stirling is a car full of character and must be shown in a compelling manner.
With a rich heritage of British automotive design, strong lines and obvious physicality he embodies the style and danger of a “Bond" or “Carter" character.
“Exquisitely tailored, but deadly."
The images should be as photo-real as practicable.
Techniques and visual language of of high end automobile photographers will be employed in order to enhance the appeal of the image set.

Inspired by examples from Tim Scott.

Photo Reference Photographs Copyright Tim Scott. You can find more of his beautiful works here: http://www.fluidimages.co.uk/

About Archimage3D:

Now living in Melbourne, Australia, but originally from Dublin Ireland.

Through a series of very fortunate accidents, my career has jumped from positions as Lead Architect, Visualiser, and Games Artist to my current very happy situation as an Educator/Artist/Organiser/VFX Supervisor.

I get to learn new things every day and relive the joy of learning through teaching others.

Terms of Use

These assets are property of Pixar. By downloading the project files you agree to the terms of use as defined in the EULA for RenderMan Models.

Project Assets
Tags
  • {{tag.name}}

{{ commentBody.length || "0"}} / 10 characters

No Comments, Yet

Comments