modified {{article.lastModStr}}
{{videoUrlObj.title || videoUrlObj.oEmbed.title}}
{{videoUrlObj.description || videoUrlObj.oEmbed.description}}
{{ article.videoUrls | totalDuration }}

I'm really excited to release this one! This was my first real use of Renderman 21 and PxrSurface (and I'm in love with it now). I wanted to focus mainly on shading so I went entirely procedural on this project.

Here are some key points of the image:


  • Procedural textures created in Substance designer
  • Burley Normalized Subsurface


  • All the frosting was sculpted in ZBrush and from there a vector displacement map was exported for each sculpt
  • All assigned to one shader, using TCL scripting to vary the displacement map based on object name
  • Burley Normalized Subsurface


  • Cotton was generated using an XGEN description.
  • Noise and coil modifiers added with a very large 'Modifier CV Count'
  • PxrMarschnerHair used


  • Density map based coconut shreds on table using Houdini
  • Gumdrop particles using Houdini's copy/stamp and scatter nodes
  • All bowls, jars, cups, etc filled with modo's dynamic simulation solver

This was a very fun project for me and I learned a lot more than I thought I would! Hope everyone enjoys the image, feel free to ask any questions :)

Project Assets
  • {{tag.name}}

Log in to post a comment

{{ commentBody.length || "0"}} / 10 characters

No Comments, Yet